Given the wider applications of the Remote Sensing (RS) and GIS and the scarcity of human resource with the knowledge of this technology, it is appropriate to offer this course to the students so that their employability is enhanced. The fact that job opportunities for people having knowledge of Remote Sensing are available in organizations like Space Application Centre (SAC) Ahmadabad, National Remote Sensing Centre (NRSC) Hyderabad, Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) Bangalore, Indian Institute of Remote Sensing (IIRS), Dehradun, Parliamentary House, New Delhi, Oil Natural Gas Corporation Ltd (ONGC), Agricultural Research Institute (IARI) New Delhi, Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR), Ministry of Agriculture (GOl), National Institute of Rural Development (NIRD), Hyderabad, Regional Remote Sensing Centres (RRSC) and State Remote Sensing Centres (RSC), and Academic Institutions, in various states of India.
Besides this, employment opportunities are available in private sector and overseas which further highlights the importance of the course. The demand for Remote Sensing and GIS is increasing day by day in Government and Private sector. Remote Sensing and GIS professional can start his/her career as Project Manager, Sr. System Executive, System analyst, GIS Engineer, Image analyst, GIS Programmer etc.
Many Government and Private Establishments came upon with a strong collaboration for the development of RS & GIS for the growth in IT sector.
- Students admitted through GATE score card are eligible for AICTE scholarship (based on AICTE rules and regulations). The students admitted through PGCET Counselling are eligible (based on GoAP rules and regulations) to apply for ‘Fee reimbursement’ offered by Government of Andhra Pradesh.
- Programme-wise 12:1 Student-Teacher ratio.
- Excellent infrastructure and laboratory facilities.
- Most supporting environment for the nurturing of Academic achievements.
- In-Campus drives to generate employment to meritorious students
- Active participation in national, international and world conferences, workshops and seminars by students and faculty.
Future plans of the department
- Expansion of Departmental researches to International exposure.
- MoU with Research Institutes for Advance Research Facilities to execute In-House Projects/ Collaborative Projects.