- To be a catalyst through state-of-art technology in Remote Sensing and Geographical Information Systems for the development and utilization of resources across the wide spectrum of its applications.
- To Incorporate the effective and efficient use of Remote Sensing & GIS Applications and related technology, by using a variety of training methods and materials.
- To provide proactive support and assistance for the students to emerge as efficient players in the industry.
- To support the growth of the GIS industry by offering a wide range of technical services in Remote Sensing & GIS applications
- To extend faculty development and support industrial attachment, and continuously research emerging knowledge and technology
- PEO1 Apply principles of Remote sensing and GIS to collect, map and retrieve spatial information.
- PEO2 Plan, assess and evaluate natural and manmade systems using geospatial models and methods
- PEO3 Use geospatial tools and techniques for hazard mitigation and resource planning.
- PEO4 Pursue research and development capabilities to handle multi-disciplinary field projects
- PEO5 Work in teams and demonstrate leadership skills with professional ethics.
- PO1 Engage in critical thinking and pursue research/ investigations and development to solve practical problems.
- PO2 Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large and write and present substantial technical reports.
- PO3 Demonstrate a higher level of professional skills to tackle multidisciplinary and complex problems related to “Remote Sensing and GIS”.
- PO4 Apply principles of Remote sensing and GIS to collect, map and retrieve spatial information
- PO5 Plan, assess and evaluate natural and manmade systems using geospatial models and methods
- PO6 Develop geospatial models and tools to address the social and engineering problems
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES
PROGRAM OUTCOMES: At the end of the program the student will be able to: